PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN ON NECESSARY MEASURES TAKEN IN THE JUDICIARY AIMED AT PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) IN THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN
3 July 2020 Baku, Azerbaijan
Aimed at preventing the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the Republic of Azerbaijan and protecting the health and safety of judges, court staff and persons petitioning the courts operating in the territories of the cities of Baku, Sumgayit, Ganca, Lankaran, Yevlakh, Masalli, Calilabad, Goranboy, Goygol, Mingechevir and regions of Absheron, Barda, Khacmaz, Samukh, Siyazan and Sheki and further taking into account the recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Resolution of the Special Task Force under the auspices of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 2 July 2020, the consistency of the approach taken in the Resolution No. 6 of the Plenum of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 23 April 2020, it is hereby recommended the following during the tightening of the special quarantine regime commencing from 06:00 on 5 July 2020 until 06:00 on 20 July 2020:
1. To adjourn the court hearings of pending proceedings before the court, except for cases that require immediate hearing or cases that do not require a court hearing (imposition, extension, alteration or revocation of preventive measures; cases that envisage administrative detention; upon necessity, applications filed for the enforcement of a verdict or other final court judgment; interim orders to secure claims; simplified proceedings for money or property claims; simplified procedures for small-claims proceedings; special procedures in proceedings for certain other categories and so on);
2. To ensure the processing of criminal cases and other case materials pending before the appellate courts regarding the detained persons;
3. To continue using the opportunities of examining cases in administrative court proceedings without conducting oral court hearings (oral arguments) taking into account the requirements of Article 16 of the Code of Administrative Procedure of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
4. To continue employing the opportunities of examining cases in civil cases and commercial disputes through the "Electronic Court" (E-Court) case information system taking into account the requirements of the Code of Civil Procedure of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
5. To process criminal cases against the accused remanded in custody during the pre-trial proceedings;
6. To resolve all other necessary matters arising out of the recommendations of the Special Task Force under the auspices of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan regarding the work schedule of judges and court staff;
7. To communicate with the public only by telephone, mobile (cell) and e-mail due to the temporary restrictions placed on the personal reception of the public. The judiciary should ensure that applications from individuals and legal entities, including appeals and cassation petitions, are duly received only by mail or in electronic form.
Subscribe to website for newsletter.